Build Your Dream Home
Building a new home is incredibly exciting. You get to build your dream from the ground up, choose your lot, floor plan, interior finishes and upgrades. However, as for any home purchase, buying new construction is serious business: an expensive transaction with multiple financial implications.
Many people ask us if Buyers need agent representation when building new construction. ABSOLUTELY! Remember, no matter how nice and friendly the person sitting in the model is, they represent the interests of the builder, by law, not you.
Let Us Help!
So, why Nelson Family Realty? For 15 years, Mark Nelson of Nelson Family Realty represented builders. He sat in the models, designed and priced homes for the builder, and worked on projects from start to finish. Since then, Mark takes all that knowledge and puts it to work by representing buyers who want to build their new home. He has worked on over 400 new construction projects with dozens of the finest home builders in the Twin Cities throughout his career.
Even better, Buyer representation costs you nothing! The commission for our services is already built into the price of the home. If you are not represented, the price doesn’t change; instead, the builder or builder’s agent simply pockets that extra 2.7% from your purchase. Since the builder has a real estate representative watching out for their interests, shouldn’t you?
Remember: The friendly onsite agent/salesperson represents the builder’s best interests. If a Buyer chooses not to be represented, the commission earmarked for their representative goes right back to the builder! There are no discounts to the Buyer!
A new home has over 3 million components, and putting those components together is a very complicated process. Every builder has their own way of doing things and it’s important to know how to work with them. When looking for an agent to hire that can truly represent your interests, it’s critically important to have someone who speaks the language and thoroughly understands all aspects of the new construction process. From lot selection to building permit and footings to shingles, Mark Nelson and Nelson Family Realty can help you create your dream home.
Here’s What You Get
When making a visit to a model home, be sure to let the salesperson know that you are being represented by Nelson Family Realty.
By doing so, here are just some of your advantages of working with us:
- Exclusive Representation
- Professional negotiations on price, terms and options
- Many years of home design experience to help you get your floor plan the way you want it
- Research on the track record of builders you are considering, plus their neighborhoods, site and grading plans, and more
- Advice on the impact of styles, upgrades, and locations as they pertain to future resale
- An advocate for all phases of the new construction process, including contract, financing, construction methods, site surveys, inspections, walk-throughs, and closing
- Assistance with the timing of your move as it relates to the sale and closing of your current home (which we list for only 3.99%!)
- An additional voice if any issues come up with the builder
Being represented is not only free… It’s Priceless!! Contact us today to see how we can make your new dream home a reality.